Thursday, September 9, 2010

Welcome Fall...

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

Style At Home

Hi there! Yes. It's really me. :-) Can you believe how fast this past month has gone? I did my best to soak up the last of summer as much as I could, and I hope you all did as well and that it was an enjoyable month for you. A big welcome to all of you who starting following/subscribing while I was MIA! :-)

House Beautiful

It's feeling slightly fallish here in Minnesota and I'm kind of liking it!

Some of the leaves are already changing color...

House Beautiful

We visited the apple orchard this past weekend and, in addition to getting some wonderful apples, I enjoyed a big fat juicy caramel apple. Love those! If you've been to the orchard too and are looking for some apple recipes, you might want to check out Southern Living's Favorite Apple Recipes ...



I'm probably going to bring my crazy daisykin out to the front porch pretty soon...


I'm not repainting my front door a different color this fall, but this one would definitely be in the running for a fall door color wouldn't it?

myhomeideas.com Photo Tria Giovan

So looking forward to having a fire in the fireplace again...

myhomeideas.com Photo Erica Georges Dines

Shaun Jackson Design via DecorPad

Fall is, of course, a great time to add warm color and texture to your decor...

myhomeideas.com Photo Joe Schmelzer

Throws and plenty of pillows are also a must, don't you think? These pillows happen to be Martha Stewart's and, if you're interested in making them, the "how-to" can be found here.
I'll be using more candles to add that warm, welcoming glow...

Pottery Barn

If you're looking for some creative candle ideas, Martha has quite a few here...



Area rugs add so much warmth to a room so, if you don't have one, consider adding one this fall. If you do already have one, why not layer two area rugs for an added layer of texture for the season?

Southern Living

Adding fabric where there previously wasn't any is a great way to cozy things up too. Chairs, window treatments, tablecloths/skirts, door drapes, bed drapes...

Southern Living Photo: Laurey W. Glenn

Swapping out accessories is another way to bring a touch of fall into our homes...

Traditional Home

What do you like most about fall, and in what ways do you change your decor for the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment