Wednesday, June 2, 2010

DIY Projects Using Towels

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

I went out of town and fully intended to do a Happy Memorial Day Weekend post prior to leaving on Thursday and also intended to prepublish at least one post to come up while I was gone. Neither happened, unfortunately.

Coastal Living photo credit: Tria Giovian


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Still not completely back in my groove, but here's one of the posts that SHOULD have already been published while I was gone. :-)

It all started with this excellent idea from Country Living of slipcovering a chair or stool with terry cloth for a comfy little spot to sit after a shower or bath.(photo credit: Claire Richardson)...


That started me thinking, so I decided to try to come up with a variety of DIY projects that you could do with towels. Why? Not really sure, except that I thought it would be interesting to see what I could find. I'm sure there are many more ideas out there, but the rest of this post is a compilation of what I found...

Larissa at mmmcrafts made these pillows from an Anthropologie tea towel and napkins...



Embroidery Library Projects shows you how to make a Topsy Towel

The next three projects are all from BHG.com. Click here for the tutorials.
Monogrammed towel roman shade...


Easy no-sew towel bedskirt...


Towel pillows...


DIY stamped dishtowels at Design Sponge...


Marthastewart.com shows you how to make a Tic Tac Towel...

A Kid's Towel Tote from martha stewart.com that's also a beach towel (and has pockets for storage!)...


A bath mat made from a towel at Susie's Country Garden...


Kids bath towel hoodies from Makes and Takes...


A Travel Cushion for your pets from marthastewart.com...


Make a quilted tea cozy, coaster or trivet from a dishtowel with marthastewart.com


A handy caddy made from a towel at marthastewart.com


A little jacket made from a towel at instructables.com...


If you're looking for a different idea for displaying towels in your bathroom, try "bagging them". I talk about it in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment