Friday, June 18, 2010

Don't You Just Love Summer?

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .


Lemon Place Cards

Country Living photo: Alexandra Rowley

I definitely do! You may have noticed that my blog posts are rather sporadic lately. Part of that is life in general, and part of it is summer!

I actually have a lot of ideas and some great posts started that I think you'll really like if I can just sit down and pull them all together. I'm not going to stress about it though because summer flies by way too quickly! I plan on enjoying every minute of it and I hope you all do the same. I WILL be posting but if I disappear for brief periods, just know that I'll be back! :-)

House Beautiful photo: Victoria Pearson

I recently purchased the turquoise version (that color isn't on-line for some reason) of this pom-pom scarf at Old Navy and I love it! It's a large square and my friend and I, of course, immediately noticed that it could also be used as a colorful summer throw for a table... (It also comes in green and neutral)



Speaking of brightening things up for summer, I talked in my Decorating with Throws post about the idea of using a throw to disguise a chair when you want a new look but can't afford a new chair. This image from BHG.com is a good example of that concept and also shows how you can brighten your look for summer by not only covering the center of the chair (or sofa) with a colorful throw,

but
- adding bright throw pillows,
- freshening up your artwork with some colorful images and
- adding colorful books (still love the idea of using them for a side table)
- and bright or light accessories.
These are all low-cost/low-commitment changes that can be swapped out by season.


Another image from BHG.com. The valance and the roman shade are nice, but I think it's a fun idea, especially for summer, to add the bud vases above...



Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend! :-)

Coastal Living Photo Susan Mauney

No comments:

Post a Comment