Thursday, November 4, 2010

Decorating Indecision

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

West Elm

I've really been wanting to lighten and just generally change the look in my home for a while, but so far I'm not really getting much accomplished. Why? I don't trust myself. Plain and simple. Not that I don't trust myself to decorate, I am just exposed to and in love with so many different things that I just don't trust myself to settle for any one thing. I can find something that inspires me, get excited, literally build a complete scheme around it and the next day go "hmmm... not sure I love that the MOST of anything I could do", and then I'm back to square one.

Add to that the fact that I can't decide if I just want to add small touches to what I already have to just spruce it up a bit, or go with a more major redo. Not as in painting my cherry cabinets or anything like that - that's just not going to happen - but more like slipcovering or reupholstering some of my furniture, etc. If I did, they would pretty much have to be DIY projects because I'm certainly not going to pay to have everything reupholstered! (and just as an aside to those of you who still have stained wood cabinets and even LIKE them (gasp!), it's really fine. Enamel cabinets seem to be the trend right now and I love them and there are times when I wish I had them, but sometimes you just can't, won't, don't want to and that's perfectly okay! As you know, trends constantly change and one of these days we'll be right in the groove :-)).

It was fairly easy when I was decorating for other people because I was limited by their personal taste, color preferences, etc. When it's me? Not so much. Anyone else have this problem or am I more unique than I think I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment