Monday, September 21, 2009

A Little Buffet Makeover

I just received these photos from my little sister and had to share them with you. She's a big garage-saler and when she was here visiting, quite a few years ago now, we found this piece at a garage sale for $10. It was the end of the day so I told her to ask them if they would take $5 for it and they did! It was painted white and she used it in her home that she had at the time for a while.

More recently it's been sitting around in the garage of her new home. Her husband was thinking that they may have gotten their $5 worth out of it and it should be headed for the dumpster, but she just couldn't let it go that easily! She started to sand it down to stain and refinish it but decided that was going to be way too involved of a project. She asked me what I would do with it and I said, "PAINT!", of course. Being more motivated than I am in the "getting your DIY projects done" category, she picked a paint color and went right to work. She just cleaned up the original hardware and put it back on, so the cost of the project was just primer, paint and sealer. Didn't she do a good job?

No comments:

Post a Comment