Friday, October 2, 2009

Art in Unexpected Places


As you know, part of the purpose of this blog is to help you think outside of your decorating box. Quite honestly, some of the things I find in my travels encourage me to expand my own ideas and some confirm that I'll stay right where I am! :-) This post is about art in unexpected places and might give you some ideas to shake up your own accessorizing. Some of it I would do and some I wouldn't, but let's just say none of it breaks any decorating "rules" as far as I can tell. Some things just come down to personal preference.

The first photo in the post is of a fireplace screen that was stenciled. I do love that unexpected idea for shaking things up!

This next photo isn't of the art as much as the placement of the mirror. It's unexpected, and I like the way it reflects the bed and art above it.

Great way to divide a large open space.

Inexpensive headboard idea.


Can you find the unexpected art placement in this next photo?

You may have seen this idea before. Art on a bookcase...

This next photo is the one that actually inspired this post. You wouldn't typically think to put art ON a window (or at least I wouldn't), but I like it visually in this case. It could also be an effective tool to block the light coming in when sitting at the desk using a computer, without having to close the drapes.
House Beautiful Photo Simon Upton

The art under the desk is a little much for me, but it is unique and you may like it.
House Beautiful Photo Julian Wass


This shows a divider wall that separates the family room from the breakfast room. Framed photographs are hanging on iron rods suspended from the ceiling beams.

What do you think of putting art in unexpected places? Have you used art in any unique ways in your own home?

Have a great weekend everyone! Hooking up to Julia's Hooked on Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment