Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mood Board Monday with MckLinky - 1

Mood Board #1 click on the board to view larger

I'm a perfectionist and a rule-follower, so this is embarrassing for me. But, since I also take myself entirely too seriously, it's probably good for me as well. Rather than having 1 completed mood board, I have 3 unfinished mood boards. :-( My intentions were good but, when given free reign to decorate without any client considerations, I have a hard time settling on any one thing. At least I had already decided on a bedroom or I would have REALLY been in trouble. So here's what happened...

I started with Mood Board #1 at the beginning of this post. The trellis fabric on the windows, combined with this beautiful upholstered headboard and funky night stand has the beginnings of a sophisticated bedroom. (btw, the nightstand isn't exactly "budget" but you could use any bargain you find with an interesting shape and paint it). I loved the idea of having a monogram above the headboard and I chose this example because I thought the background color looked close to what I was thinking for wall color. Add the platinum shaded crystal lamps from Target and we're almost there! Except. Wait. Maybe I should really be finishing the little girl's room idea that I used in the original inspiration? (yes. I talk to myself)

Enter Mood Board #2. To the original Pier 1 curtain panels, the trellis fabric and Target pillow I added these cute prints from art.com and a dresser and mirror from JCPenneys. I liked the way the mirror echoed the curves in the prints. Someone had mentioned a 6-year old girl's bedroom, so I thought I this was working. Just a few more things to finish the room. Until..
Mood Board #2 click on the board to view larger

I saw this daisy rug at Walmart and thought it would ALSO be cute for a girls room with the trellis fabric. See what I mean?
Mood Board #3 click on the board to view larger

Once again, the lime trellis fabric as window treatments and also an accent pillow on the non-existent bed. The Target pillow adds it's punch, and I really liked the way this mirror I found at Target repeats the daisy design. Add a lime green lamp and a cute cottage dresser from JCPenney and...
That's where it all ended and I realized I needed to get this post up so that I could make sure MckLinky works before tomorrow (never used it before). Indecision and procrastination definitely got the better of me on this one!

Enough about me, now it's time to see who's linking up! I'm not sure who all of the participants are but I know that there are some very talented gals out there whose creativity you'll enjoy if they DO link up!

To join the party...
  1. Create a mood board (complete or incomplete! :-)) using either the lime trellis fabric or the Pier 1 window treatment (or both) as inspiration and do a post about it, including sources.
  2. Add your name and project to MckLinky (Example: PK @ room remix - bedroom)
  3. Then add the link to your SPECIFIC POST, NOT your general blog address.
  4. I didn't have a special button created, so please just put the button you see on my sidebar (using properties) in your post and link back to this post so that everyone gets to join in the party!
  5. Not sure why I would need to do this but, as the party host, I reserve the right to remove any links at my discretion.


No comments:

Post a Comment