Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Creative Friends!


Speaking of creative friends, THANK YOU to all who participated in Mood Board Monday with MckLinky yesterday. I told everyone you were a creative bunch, and you did not disappoint! The mood boards were awesome and I loved the way they accomplished the goal of the party by showing so many different ways to use one or two inspiration pieces! Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

And... on to my girlfriend, Tarryn. I visited her at her new home yesterday (which is beautiful, btw!). She had so many creative things going on that I just had to get a few photos to share with you.

Photo #1 (beginning of post) is the fall arrangement on her table. I asked her to give me a little rundown on how she put it together and here's what she had to say: "Saw the idea in a magazine - Better Homes, most likely. Small pumpkins and gourds on the very bottom (I'm sure theirs are real but since I'm a bit practical I used artificial gourds and pumpkins), florist foam in the center to hold the flowers and then indian corn all around to hide the florist foam. I had to spritz the corn husks with water and tie a ribbon around them until they dried to get them to stay down but it worked nicely."

Photo #2 (below) - I liked her creative way of adding candle light above the bed. Tarryn says: "The etched glass jars were very inexpensive. They are really little more than etched glasses with small gauge wire wrapped around the neck and heavy gauge wire handles to hang them. I used glass votives (found very inexpensively in the wedding section at Walmart) instead of tea lights in so they would give a little more light. The curtain rod also came from Walmart." Also... the cute little fringed pillow that you see in the middle of the bed was made from an inexpensive winter scarf from Target, because the Tommy Hilfiger pillow she was eyeing was too expensive.

Photo #3 - Fun little side table. Again, here's Tarryn... "The table was a plant stand I got at a little "antique/junk" shop. The decorative balls came from Thrifty White Drug. The glass I found when we moved my husband out of his previous house, and the moss I had in stock at home. I had everything but the glass put together for a long time and, although decorative, it didn't seem functional so I had been on the lookout for the perfect piece of glass. There it was! Free! The best kind!"

Hope you're all having a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment