Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Decorating Inspiration and Ideas #2

BHG.com

Blogland is abuzz with Christmas decor and, quite frankly, I'm doing more blogging about it than actually accomplishing anything. :-) I have some things half done but... maybe by Christmas? I'm hoping I'll get a super burst of motivation in the next few days and get it done. We'll see... In the meantime, hopefully this post will provide you with some ideas for your own decorating.

Christmas Tree on a dime. myhomeideas.com shows you 3 different economical Christmas tree schemes.

I've already seen a few variations of this in blogland, and you can't get much more simple and inexpensive than branches from your yard! I like the look...

Cottage Living via myhomesideas.com Photo Robbie Caponetto

A rectangular photo wreath...

myhomeideas.com Photo Howard Lee Puckett

I've seen ribbons/ornaments tied to dining chairs, but why not put them on your wing chair or whatever other chairs you have? (bhg.com used a safety pin to attach this one)


Another one from bhg.com

An amaryllis tree from Women's Day

Photo Kate Sears


A couple of the ideas from 5-Minute Holiday Decorating Ideas from Real Simple (Kendell Cronstrom)


This wreath was made by cutting the center out of a paper plate and sticking bows to it. :-)


Love these stairs with candles (and of course the banister decor too!). My steps are carpeted and I'm not sure the candles would look quite as lovely on carpeted stairs - what do you think?

Coastal Living Photo Jean Allsopp

This one I'm including just because I LOVE this color scheme and am wishing it were mine this year. However, I don't have any of it so I'm being good and working with the colors that I already have. :-) I do like LOOKING at it though, so indulge me...

Coastal Living Photo Deborah Whitlaw Llewellyn

Linking to Works for Me Wednesdays because these ideas work for me! Check out the party and see what's working for everyone else...

Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment