Sunday, January 10, 2010

Looking at Your Space In A New Way

Just a simple, but very useful, tip today. I've used it for quite a few years now, but it really never occurred to me to post about it until Janell and Danielle did. In case you haven't already seen their posts, here it is.

If you're wondering what your room REALLY looks like, take a picture. When I first started decorating I always took photos of clients rooms so that I would have them in their file if I needed a visual on something. I realized it also gave me a little different perspective than what I had standing in the room. Before too long, I started using it on my own spaces when I was trying to figure something out. It really works! I try to fake myself out and pretend like it's someone else's room so that I can really look at it objectively, and I'm always amazed at how much better of a handle it gives me on what's not working and what is. Try it!

Speaking of taking pictures... I'm hoping to have my post up sometime on Monday with the changes we've made so far to the closet craft room.

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment