Monday, December 6, 2010

Creating a Focal point by subtracting color

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .
Elle Decor

I'm not gonna lie, I'm running around like a crazy woman this morning which is why you're getting this short post instead of the (unfinished) longer one that I had planned. I still think it's a helpful tip, though, so hopefully you will too.

Remember in this post, how we talked about creating a focal point by using a color that's more bold than anything else in the room? Well, the opposite can be true as well. In a colorful room like the one above, even though the white fireplace is tied in with simple white touches such as the trim, etc., it is still a large white object in a very colorful room, which draws your eye right to it.  Another way to make your focal point more dramatic...

Also wanted to say thank you to Cynthia at Coffee On the Patio for the nice feature on me this weekend! 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment