Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Christmas Tree

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

So here's the scoop on my Christmas tree this year. Very much a just-figure-it-out-as-you-go project. :-)

I decided to put it up in the family room, thinking that we would probably see and enjoy it more there than where I had it in previous years.(btw, it's fake (in case you can't tell :-)) I bought it on the after-Christmas clearance 5 years ago. It's not bad for a fake and I DO love the convenience of having a prelit!  One of these years we may have to put up a real one, just for something different - and of course there's nothing like the smell of fresh pine...)
Moving the tree created a bit of an ornament dilemma for me. I didn't want to buy a bunch of new ornaments, and I also didn't want to do traditional red. I had these orange ornaments already so I decided to use them with silver (some of which I purchased new). I already had the snowflakes from previous years, and picked up some inexpensive icicle ornaments to add a litte something extra.
As I was decorating it was still feeling a little bare, but rather than buying more to fill I decided to just use ribbon. It's something that I can use again for something, even if it's not the tree next year, unlike ornaments that I may tire of. The orange ribbon I just casually tied to the branches...
The silver ribbon started coming off of the roll this way and I thought it looked pretty, so I left it curled and just cut it into lengths I thought I liked and added that too.
Sort of random and unconstructed, but not so bad.  Now if I decide to go in a completely different direction next year it will be easier to justify because I didn't create a completely new scheme full of all new ornaments that I would feel bad about not using.

BTW. Looks like the $220 CSN Stores Giveaway is a hit. :-) If you haven't entered yet you may want to scoot on over to this post and do that.

I'm linking this up to Sarah's party and Julia's Party. Be sure to check them out - I'm sure there'll be tons of inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment