Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Weekend Update


Happy Saturday everyone! I'm feeling really guilty because I don't have the post done yet with some practical ideas/guidelines for hanging your art, and I told you that would be next. I didn't intentionally lie, but I hate just "slapping something together" and I've had some real life commitments intruding on my blogging time. I will get it done. Promise. One thing I've learned in this blogging experience is that there are a lot of pretty awesome people out there who understand real life priorities and I'm confident you'll forgive me. :-)

One of the things I need to finish today is my shopping for Operation Christmas Child, because I want to take the boxes to church tonight. I'm sure many of you are participating in this great cause as well. When they showed the kick-off video at church, it broke my heart to be reminded that there are people whose lives are completely changed just by the fact that someone gave them a pair of ordinary tennis shoes, when I've been guilty in the past of being irritated because I couldn't find the cutest pair to ADD to the shoes that I already had. We're so blessed, aren't we?

I can't wait to get started shopping! I'm like a little kid with my excitment at picking out the things, although my friends and family won't be surprised to know that I just have so much trouble DECIDING which things to buy :-).

So... I'm off to shop and I'm hoping you're all having a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment